In this two-week module of the course we will:
- build a baseline understanding of the neoliberal economy; how it is supported by policies, practices, and ideas; and how that has shaped what it means to be a city.
- gain an understanding of the two primary U.S. competing economic policy frameworks [supply-side and demand-side]; their attendant values, consequences, and limitations.
- explore the fact that these are not the only debates; that other debates are being played out in the world; and that There Are Many Alternatives.
- learn about capitalism in crisis and the growing crisis of inequality
- learn how to blog on the course website
- establish a calendar of our synchronous sessions for the semester